Newcastle Festival of Sport 2018- Funding for clubs & organisations
The Borough of Newcastle under Lyme is home to a wide range of sporting clubs, events, and activities and want to encourage even more people to get involved in these by taking part in the Festival of Sport during April and May 2018. The Festival of Sport will link into the County Sports Partnership’s county wide event ‘Move More in May’.
As part of The Festival of Sport we are offering sports clubs and organisations within the Borough an opportunity to get involved in the festival by staging an event or activity at the club premises that is open to the community to come along and ‘have a go’. This can be in the form of a taster session, coaching session, fun session etc.
We are inviting interested clubs/organisations to apply for a grant of up to £400 to assist in organising and running events/activities that will be run under The Festival of Sport banner. This will be an excellent opportunity for you to promote your club, sport and facility to the local community and potentially attract new members.
Who can apply for a grant?
Any sports club, youth organisation or member of Castle Sport which is located within the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme (or can demonstrate how local residents are accessing the activities) can apply for up to the following amounts:
- Clubs with Clubmark or Charter Standard Status – up to £400
- Clubs without Clubmark or Charter Standard Status – up to £200
The organisation would need to demonstrate an ability to run successful and safe event/activities. Events/Activities to be funded could include:
- Community fun days.
- Taster sessions.
- Celebratory events.
- Mass participation events.
There is a total of £6,000 available to help fund towards a variety of sessions and events to take place during April and May 2018. Fifty percent of the grant can be paid in advance of the event/activity upon receipt from the sports club, with the balance being provided upon receipt of the project evaluation form.
The event/activities must take place during Festival of Sport period, otherwise the funding will be withdrawn.
All successful applicant organisations and sports clubs will be expected to help promote the festival of sport through all their communication and social media channels including social media.
To provide sport and physical activity opportunities in local sports facilities that benefits local residents and contribute towards the wider community by:
- Improving access to sport and physical activity.
- Generate repeated attendance at sport clubs and activities.
- Promoting community engagement and enhancing local image.
- Developing new audiences for sports, and physical activity in local communities.
Priority will be given to events that:
- Focus on either one or more of the following: Disability sport, women in sport, residents aged 55 and over
- Do not charge an entry fee to the event (unless it can be demonstrated the requirement to do so to sustain the event).
- Demonstrate collaboration between different organisations.
If you are interested in organising an event or activity for the Festival of Sport find the grant application form here (closing date 22nd December 2017).
Alternately, if you would like to talk to a member of our team about an event then please call on: 01782 742615 or 01782 742575.