FREE BACPR Level 4 Cardiac Specialist Exercise Instructor Training Qualification (Terms and Conditions Apply)
BACPR Level 4 Cardiac Specialist Exercise Instructor Training
Stoke –on-Trent – Staffordshire University
Fri / Sat 20th / 21st May 2016
Thurs/ Fri / Sat 16th / 17th / 18th June 2016
Assessments : Saturday 17th September 2016
The leading level 4 cardiac course for exercise professionals recognised by REPs and Skills Active. This course is considered as the gold standard training by cardiac rehabilitation clinical professionals across the UK and has a close link to the BHF
The BACPR Exercise Instructor qualification is a 5 day training programme which provides specialist training for exercise professionals who want to prescribe and deliver exercise programmes as part of the overall long-term management of individuals with cardiovascular disease. Long Term management (Phase IV) is the maintenance of physical activity and lifestyle change following the early cardiac rehabilitation recovery phase delivered by health professionals. This well respected training course is has been delivered for the last 14 years across the UK by specialist and experienced tutors in the field of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation. The course prides itself on the strong links it has developed between exercise and clinical professionals within the field of cardiac rehabilitation enabling a high standard of care to be provided for the individual with heart disease.
WHY ENROL AND GAIN THIS QUALIFICATION WITH BACPR
- To enable you to safely prescribe and deliver an exercise programme for individuals with cardiovascular disease
- To enhance your knowledge in the field of cardiovascular disease to use in your existing work whether working in a gym setting, personal training or supervising group exercise classes.
- To gain the gold standard Level 4 Cardiac course for exercise professional, recognised by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and Skills Active.
Instructors must already a Level 3 appropriate and recognised fitness qualification.
The training course is delivered over 5 days and includes a 2 hour practical session. There are also 4 visits to a local Cardiac Rehabilitation programme required prior to the assessment day.
Comprehensive syllabus supported by a course manual and DVD which includes:-
- Cardiac rehabilitation – the background
- The heart and cardiovascular system
- Cardiovascular disease
- Pathology and presentation
- Investigation and diagnosis
- Medical / surgical treatments
- Endurance exercise
- Acute and chronic responses
- Benefit for cardiac patients
- The rehabilitation process
- Risk factors
- Exercise considerations for special populations
- Exercise programming & prescription
- Changing behaviour & motivational interviewing
- Problem scenarios & emergency procedures
· Written presentation of one case study (Phase I-IV).
· Viva examination (30- 45 minutes)
· Multiple choice question written examination (1 hour)
· Evidence of current CPR certification and current personal liability insurance
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this course you will need to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- 100 word statement stating why you wish to be selected for this training
- Copies of your exercise qualification
- Phase III endorser support confirmation – you are required to make contact with your local cardiac rehabilitation programme Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme Finder to gain their agreement to you visiting their programme. You will be asked to do at least 4 visits to the local cardiac rehabilitation whilst on the course. Please supply programme
Stoke-on-Trent City Council agrees to pay for the course fees only. Any instructor who does not complete the training (unless exceptional circumstances) will be required to repay the course fees to Stoke-on Trent City Council to offset the loss incurred.
The BACPR Level 4 Cardiac Specialist Exercise Instructor Training is £625 per delegate which includes course materials and assessment fees.
Please be aware that Revalidation of the qualification will be required every 3 years. Any cost incurred for this will not be paid by Stoke-on-Trent City Council. For more information visit: http://www.bacpr.com/pages/page_box_contents.asp?PageID=843
If you would like to discuss the terms of this agreement further you can contact Katrina Hull on the above details.
For further information or to apply for this course please contact:
Senior Health Improvement Specialist
Directorate of Public Health: Primary Prevention
City of Stoke-on-Trent
Floor 1 Civic Centre Glebe Street Stoke-on-Trent ST4 1HH
t 01782 235644