National Deaf Children’s Society Innovation Grant
National Deaf Children’s Society has a new Innovation Grant available for local groups and youth organisations who want to develop better opportunities for deaf young people.
You can apply for grants up to £1500 to develop new opportunities, grow your organisation, or support young people’s transition into adulthood. We are particularly interested in projects which grow capacity to attract more funding or provide opportunities for deaf young people to volunteer. The key to successful applications is ‘innovation’.
Eligible Groups & Organisations
You will be at least one of the following:
- An affiliated local deaf children’s society.
- An organisation previously achieving NDCS’s Me2 status and/or now working towards our Deaf Friendly Standard.
- Another organisation working locally to support deaf young people.
- You need to show you are able to bring in the skills and capacity to deliver your intended project or event.
- You must demonstrate the benefit your proposal will have on deaf young people in your area.
- We want to see that the proposal will lead to sustainable outcomes. E.g. deaf young people will continue to benefit from opportunities. What will the legacy of your project/event be?
The fund opens for applications on Wednesday 1st November, you will have until Monday 4th December 2017 to complete and submit you application. We will let you know of our decision within two weeks of the closing date. Projects or events must be completed by 31st March 2018 and we will expect a final report by the end of April 2018.
For more information, or to request a support pack, please email email@example.com. If you have any questions, Jennie is on 01212349839 or you can email her. Find the application form here.