Women Make Coaching
Did you know that women only make up 30% of the coaching population?
Even more worrying is the fact that recent research conducted by sportscoachUK shows that women only make up 17% of the qualified coaching population.
In an attempt to address this imbalance, SASSOT and the other five County Sport Partnerships in the West Midlands have launched the Women Make Coaching initiative.
If you are a new coach or interested in getting in to coaching the ‘Women Make Coaching’ project is here to help you get started, get qualified or simply to do more!
- Recruit, develop and deploy 100 female coaches across the West Midlands region between March 2015 and April 2016
- Establish a culture of support for females in coaching
- Raise the profile of females in coaching
Why should I sign up?
- Mentoring support from experienced female coaches and tutors.
- Networking opportunities with like-minded coaches and volunteers.
- Support into deployment with clubs and community organisations.
- Potential to access subsidised qualifications, development opportunities and CPD events ‘creating a culture of support’.
To register to be accepted on to the project, please complete the form here.
You can also follow our Women Make Coaching Twitter page
And you can like our Women Make Coaching Facebook page
For further information, please contact: Lee Booth, Workforce and Coaching Development Manager on email@example.com or 01785 619730 .